This company is the first ever insurtech insurance company in Japan. Founded by Actuaries and Data scientists in 2016, achieving insurance license in 2018, it has been the most reputed insurtech startup in Japan. Currently most of the members are Japanese (one Chinese) but working remotely/globally e.g. from HK, NZ, Germany, Canada, and China.
About the company:
◆ External Evaluation
– Invested by repute VC such as 500 startup, GLOBIS, Line Ventures, and Mr. Aoyagi, etc.
– Fujitsu Awards · AWS Award · TechCrunch Awarded · GB Award. Bdash Spring Championship winner, FIBC victory, First Tokyo Metropolitan Finance Award
◆ Culture & Features
– Our company culture is completely flat and we value speak up.
◆ Future development
– In full B2B2C business, we will continue our collaboration with large corporate next year. We aim for 100 affiliated companies in 3 years.
– We have plans for oversea expansion mainly in Asia.
– engineer that can help our project especially server end/API side for our first ever insurance API.
– frontend if she/he is ambitious to learn new things.
Business dev side:
– Research for foreign insurtech products companies.
– Data research and analysis for insurance product development (e.g. incident rate analysis)
– Translation our blog, newsletter into English from Japanese.
– Helping our recruitment activities (recruit foreigner talents in Japan)
Engineer side: Python, R, Node.js are currently used are used at backend. Swift, Kotlin, JS, and PHP are used at frontend.
Business dev: Great research skill in multiple languages (English, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese), also good interest in Fintech/Insurtech.