ICC Consultants (USA) Inc. is hiring a full-time manager for Global Personnel Development.
||Seattle office has been clsed temporarly during pandemic and resuming business this year. This role requires to re-build the foundation of business and team but also continue maintaining strong business relationship with partners.
- Complete application forms to enroll in schools, acquire all documents from school to apply for student VISA, enroll in classes, seek accommodation for students who have a service contract with ICC group.
- Maintain strong relationships with the partner university, college, language school, homestay provider, airport, and/or other related partner agents.
- Make sure student’s safety during their stay by creating a 24-hour support system.
- Provide support and solve complaints and issues for students with their school, internship, or homestay, etc. to ensure students have a positive experience in the US during their contract term.
- Plan and host events, workshops, and business seminars for students
- Plan and host ICC original classes for students.
- Coordinate internships for students.
- Keep record of students in system.
- Supervise, delegate tasks, and train subordinates.
- Monitor staff and conduct semi-annual meetings with subordinates to review their goals.
- Manage and update employees’ personnel files.
- Resolve internal complaints.
- Report to ICC headquarter in Japan
||Maintain bookkeeping and profits of the USA office.
|Develop New Vendors and programs
- Develop new host families and companies for internships.
- Create and exchange contracts with host families, companies and vendors.
- Develop new programs by researching needs and the market.
- Develop contacts with new schools and universities that might cooperate with company’s business.
- Develop qualified teachers and guest speakers for business programs, business seminars, classes, and orientation.
- Work with San Francisco and Vancouver managers to collaborate and create new programs, or plan events and programs for student exchange.
- Search for potential partner schools to work with for Internship in Japan program.
|REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
|Education / Work Experience
- Associate degree or higher.
- 5+ years of customer service or relevant work experience.
- Experience as a supervisor preferred.
- Study abroad counselor certification preferred.
- Must have native level fluency in Japanese and business level fluency in English.
- Must have complete understanding of Japanese and American cultures.
- Must be self-motivated, driven, and results-oriented, with a high level of initiative.
- Intermediate computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and familiar with Zoom, Salesforce, Box, and Slack.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Must have strong communication and negotiation skills for smooth and clear conversation.
- Must have strong presentation skills.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing situations.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Some business trips required both domestic and to Japan.
- Ability as a good facilitator is a plus.
||10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday with occasional overtime and weekends during students arrival (generally in March & September)
||Mainly work home and periodically visiting stuents in residence or campus.
||Please send your resume and cover letter or Linkedin page to
||Headquartered in the heart of Tokyo, with offices in other major cities in Japan and 4 overseas offices, ICC Consultants is an independent company specialised in the international mobility of students and young professionals. We have been offering for more than 40 years an array of international study, exchange, and internship programs to Japanese and foreigners in partnerships with high-ranking universities and educational providers all around the World. ICC’s commitment to excellence, its unique approach to exchange study programs and proven track record are some of the reasons over one thousand students (and their families) entrust their future to ICC each year.
Further information about ICC can be found at:
||Please submit your English resume and cover letter to the address below with the subject header “ICC Internship Consultant Application”
* We will not resend the application
* Upon receipt of application, those who have passed the initial application review will be contacted.
We thank you very much for your interest in this great opportunity! Please note that only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you do not receive a reply from us within 10 days of sending your email, please consider your candidacy unsuccessful this time.
||April 21 2021